Join a team committed to improving the quality of life for residents of and visitors to Columbia and Richland County. Historic Columbia is looking to fill a leadership role, which oversees the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all fundraising programs.
The Historic Columbia Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and serves as a member of Historic Columbia’s leadership team working closely with other Department Head colleagues. The DoD oversees all fundraising initiatives for the organization. This person will:
- Lead and direct annual corporate and individual membership programs, annual fund campaign, community-wide day of philanthropy, sponsorship program, grant writing and management, board and volunteer fundraising engagement, donor recognition, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Engage a portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects and set strategic direction for giving.
- Build on the organization’s existing relationships and develop new strategic partnerships across the community to expand visibility and strengthen donor base.
- Collaborate across departments to develop and execute strategies that engage members, donors, and the community in the organization’s mission and elevate the brand.
- Manage and coach a development coordinator and rentals coordinator.
- Execute dozens of annual events and oversee the rentals program.
Applicants must have strong written and verbal communication skills, have knowledge and experience of fundraising techniques, and embrace the mission of Historic Columbia. A bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years experience required. This position is required to work some evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing and managing grants, directing a membership program, leading sponsorship and corporate giving efforts, working with individual donors, and with planned giving. Experience managing events from planning to execution and engaging the community are key.
This is a full time position with health and vacation time, full health and dental benefits, and life insurance. Salary range is $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to HR Dept, 1601 Richland Street, Cola, SC 29201 or email@example.com. Position is open until filled.