The Sumter County Museum is hiring for a Executive Assistant.
Pay: $40,000 annually w/ state health insurance and retirement benefits
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Reports To: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to Executive Director. This includes overseeing daily administrative office management functions for the organization and coordinating business meetings involving staff, board members, and committees. This position will work to ensure the timely and accurate exchange of communications and information along with other related responsibilities.
Executive and Board Support
- Provides direct administrative support to Executive Director, including schedule management.
- Coordinates, with Executive Director, all board, staff, and committee meetings. Maintains records.
- Assists Executive Director with tasks related to board governance to include preparing agendas, taking minutes, and emailing board materials.
- Assists Executive Director with other duties as assigned.
Office/General Support Responsibilities
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls, takes messages, and fulfills information requests.
- Maintains general SCM information inbox and forwards emails to appropriate staff.
- Picks up, sorts, and distributes incoming mail. Handles outgoing mail.
- Prepares and ensures availability of daily forms like transaction log, guest books, time sheets, etc. May be asked to prepare weekly deposit.
- Orders office supplies. Manages office equipment and coordinates service calls.
- Coordinates maintenance service calls and serves as point of contact.
- Prepares and maintains spreadsheets for all museum events to track ticket sales and registration.
- Tracks inventory of supplies for events. Purchases supplies when needed. Maintains all event records.
- Must be familiar with all museum facilities. May be asked to welcome visitors/give tour when other staff isn’t available.
- Processes incoming new and renewal memberships in PastPerfect/Neon One membership database. Maintains membership materials and is responsible for ordering more when needed.
- Prepares monthly mailings for renewal requests.
- Works with Executive Director in membership recruitment.
- Assists staff in preparing member event mailings. May be asked to assist with weekly email newsletters.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of office management or administrative support. Experience in a museum a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom, Adobe, and Google Suite preferred. Experience with PastPerfect and Neon One a plus, but not required as long as willing to learn.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, donors, and volunteers.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptive to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Annie Rivers at email@example.com.