The South Carolina State Museum seeks an energetic, detail orientated employee to work within the IT Department. This position will report to the IT Manager and the job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting SCSM users by troubleshooting software (application, operating systems, and utilities) and hardware (computer, printers, LAN and communication equipment) problems.
- Training and supporting SCSM personnel in the use of the SCSM application software and equipment.
- Providing back-up support for the Windows network, including wireless, workstations, printers, servers, and communication hardware.
- Performing hardware inventory tasks to include receipt documentation, conducting periodic physical inventory of assigned computing equipment, and proper tagging of newly acquired equipment.
- Assisting with technical upgrading and maintaining entire desktop systems.
- Performing ongoing support of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment, and software by complying with given standards and guidelines.
- Performing basic tasks to manage, support, and maintain sophisticated audio-visual and presentation hardware and software in use at the agency. This includes but is not limited to computer-based recording equipment, presentation software, projection hardware and software, video cameras, and internet or video-conferencing collaboration and meeting software/hardware installed within the agency meeting spaces.
Compensation: $14/hour, Part-time
This position will work up to 29.5 hours per week with some evening and weekend hours required.
More information and Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3231378/information-technology-assistant