This position has been re-posted. Previous applicants need not reapply as they are still being considered.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing the Membership Manager is responsible for membership acquisition, retention, and cultivation and must work collaboratively with the development, marketing and visitor service teams. The Membership Manager is accountable for the recruitment of members, acknowledgement and fulfillment of member benefits, renewals, and the stewardship of museum members to higher levels of support. The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the multi-channel direct marketing campaign, integrating printed mailings with emails, renewals and webpage content as applies to the membership program.
- Oversee membership printed and electronic communications and ensure timely production and mailing. Draft content for quarterly e-news blast and other member communications. Ensure brochures, cards, and other core membership materials etc. are updated and printed in a timely fashion.
- Work with visitor services to ensure effective on-site membership sales, including staff training, sales incentives, membership materials and special promotions to encourage non-member prospects to join.
- Coordinate, plan and manage membership events.
- Act as primary contact for museum members by responding to the member inquiries and ensure responses are timely and efficient. Provide excellent customer service to the membership base and general public via telephone, email, mail and in person.
- Be available to work weekends, holidays and evenings as needed. Participate in museum special events and assist with departmental events and activities as assigned.
- Play active role as part of the larger museum team to strategize new ways to fulfill the museums’s mission and strategic goals, increase revenue, engage existing and new audiences, and raise visibility of the museum.