The South Carolina State Museum is hiring for a Senior Retail Manager of the Cotton Mill Exchange.
Yearly Salary Range: $41,777 – $77,298
Are you looking to be part of an innovative team of professionals dedicated to telling South Carolina’s diverse stories through creative buying and product development?
The South Carolina State Museum is seeking a highly motivated, strategically minded Manager and Creative Director for The Cotton Mill Exchange, the premier museum store in the Southeast. The State Museum is the only institution in the United States to feature four floors of multi-disciplinary exhibition galleries, a full dome planetarium, a 4D theater and an observatory. We are embarking on a capital campaign to “Reimage the Museum (RTE)” experience, including a redesign of our permanent galleries, educational programming and digital initiatives. The Cotton Mill Exchange and its online store are integral to the RTE initiative and its success. We are seeking a dynamic candidate ready to take the reins.
- Overseeing management of the Cotton Mill Exchange and museum retail sales providing earned revenue for the South Carolina State Museum and furthering the Museum’s goals and objectives.
- Acting as the store’s Buyer, overseeing the selection, procurement and distribution of items for resale; developing and overseeing the implementation of mark-up strategies to maximize profit; monitoring sales volumes and turnover rates making inventory management adjustments necessary to optimize profits; acting as the administrator of the store inventory software; maintaining accurate data, producing reports, and processing PO’s and invoices; coordinating year-end physical inventory counts reported to the state and institutes strategies to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Overseeing the implementation of processes, standards, and sales and merchandising strategies to meet established revenue and profit goals; working closely with the Retail Operations Manager; developing and overseeing the implementation of promotions and practices that achieve annual goals.
- Generating additional earned income through the management of the retail webstore as well as outside sales events; developing licensed products to earn additional revenue through royalty payments; analyzing sales and controls expenses to maximize operations profitability.
- Training and supervising paid and volunteer staff on all policies and procedures to include the Counterpoint and Gateway software; sharing operational responsibilities with subordinate Retail Operations Manager.
*abridged list of duties…
Minimum & Additional Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree and relevant program experience
- Knowledge of computers and point of sale (POS) software experience
- Excellent communication skills for continuous interaction with the public and staff…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field and two years of experience in retail sales or any combination of education, training, and experience necessary to perform the work preferred.
- Ability to establish revenue and profit goals through the assimilation of analysis of data and trends.
- Ability to effectively apply detailed knowledge of operational and inventory management strategies, evaluate performance and implement ad hoc strategies in response to business fluctuations.
- Experience managing and generating sales through an online store, as well as handling online order fulfillment.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3488767/senior-retail-manager.